What exactly happens when you get your first order.
After a customer places an order in your store, you need to know the customer’s details, such as address, phone number, email id, which products were ordered, and more. This information allows you to easily deliver the products to your customer.
You can get a quick view of your overall reports, including order details from your WooCommerce store. This chart provides a short summary of our WooCommerce store. You can see here if any customer places a new order, and you can also see how many orders are in processing as well.
Go to your dashboard tab:
Viewing the Order
To view the order details, first, go to WooCommerce > Orders
From here, you’ll be able to see all the orders and their status, if they are completed, in processing, or on hold.
If you want to change the status of any order, simply select the order by checking the rectangle box and clicking on the dropdown menu.
After clicking the dropdown menu, it will show you four steps to select to change the order status to processing, on-hold, or completed. To delete an order, select the ‘Move to trash’ option from the drop-down.
After selecting an option, click on the ‘Apply’ button. The order status will be changed depending on what you selected.
To view the order details, click on the order name. Now you can see the order details from this page.
Order page explained
- Order Details: You can see all the details here, like when the order was placed, order status, customer information, customer profile, etc.
- Billing Address: It is the customer’s personal address. This section also contains the customer’s email address and phone number.
- Shipping Address: It is the address where you have to deliver the products, and it can be different from the billing address. If a customer doesn’t share any shipping address, then you should deliver products to the customer’s billing address.
- Product: This section shows you the products that customer’s selected for purchase.
- Shipping Method: This shows the customer’s shipping method and whether it will be free shipping, flat rate, or local pickup. If customers want to alter the shipping method later, you will be able to change it from here.
- More options: Here you will find the options to add more products, apply any coupon, etc. After changing anything, save it and recalculate the price again. If a customer cancels an order, you will find the option to refund the price from here.
- Order Actions: In this order section, you will find several options to take action. If a customer doesn’t get any invoice for an order, you can resend the invoice from here. You will be able to resend any order notifications also. Furthermore, you can regenerate download permissions for downloadable products.
- Add Note: You can add an order related note for an order or send any custom note to your customers. Sometimes you may need to add a note on special requirements for a product, if needed, or inform customers about anything they should know.
The order proccess
- When the client places the order, they will receive a email detailing their purchase.
You will also receive an email saying you have received a order.
2. Then you will log into your dashboard, navigate to the order and view the details.
3. Change the order status:
- Pending payment — Order received, no payment initiated. Awaiting payment (unpaid).
- Failed — Payment failed or was declined (unpaid). Note that this status may not show immediately and instead show as Pending until verified (e.g., PayPal).
- Processing — Payment received (paid) and stock has been reduced; order is awaiting fulfillment. All product orders require processing, except those that only contain products which are both Virtual and Downloadable. This is the stage where you are getting the order ready to be shipped, have shipped the order, etc.
- Completed — Order fulfilled and complete – requires no further action.
- On hold — Awaiting payment – stock is reduced, but you need to confirm payment.
- Canceled — Canceled by an admin or the customer – stock is increased, no further action required.
- Refunded — Refunded by an admin – no further action required.
Please note that for every order status you change, the customer will receive an email.